Scaffolding and Accessories for Sale
Scaffolds are commonly used at construction sites to help workers reach up to elevated surfaces. Whether you are handling a commercial building project or just interior fitting and other maintenance jobs, you will need scaffolders. The question is of the type of scaffolding you need to do the work, and we will answer it right away.
We have the tower and mobile scaffolding as the two main types. These can either be H-frame scaffolding or A-frame scaffolding. Which of the two scaffolding types do you need for your daily jobs? It all depends on the kind of work that you are handling. For commercial building construction, you are better off if you choose a scaffold tower. A portable scaffolding is ideal for interior jobs such as painting, plastering, fitting, etc.
What are the benefits of using mobile scaffolding?
Portable scaffolding creates a safe elevated working platform for workers. A properly designed and assembled scaffold is almost as safe as working on the ground. However, you need a competent person to do the assembly and always reinspect the system before use.
Mobile scaffolding system moves on caster wheels that can be locked in position. This level of mobility makes it a must-have tool in any construction site. It can be moved from place to place effortlessly, and assembling and dismantling require only one person to accomplish. Their small sizes also make them the best choice for use in areas where the standard scaffolding towers cannot fit.
This scaffolding system is versatile. It has many different uses at the construction site or even for simple home improvement projects. Think of tasks such as changing ceilings, fixing bulbs, painting, etc., all can be safely done using scaffolders. You don’t need to be a contractor to buy a steel scaffolding system. A gardener or any DIYer can own one. It makes it easy to trim fences and do many other things.
What are the components of a mobile scaffolding system?
Scaffolders are not single units. They are made of many different parts that are mechanically coupled to realize the functionality. Most of the components are made of industrial-grade steel to offer the strength needed to support the worker. In this section, we will briefly talk about the individual parts of a portable scaffolding.
- Scaffolding frame: Scaffolding frameis an all-steel metallic structure that supports the entire weight of the system and the worker. Frame design differs in design and shape. However, the most common ones are the h frame scaffolding and a frame scaffolding.
- Scaffolding deck: The work of a scaffolding deck or platform is to distribute the weight equally to the scaffolding frame. There are plywood scaffolding platformsand all-metal scaffolding platforms, all of which are suitable for offering a safer working ground.
- Scaffolding coupling pins: You need scaffolding coupling pinsto connect frames vertically. If you are working at elevated surfaces, then you may need to combine two or more scaffolding frames to get the deck or platform to that height. The coupling pins are designed to fit in the holes punched on the scaffold frames for this purpose.
- Scaffolding casters or wheels: A system of mobile scaffolding has four or more caster wheels to aid in the movement. The heavy-duty scaffolding wheels can withstand the dross weight of the structure and the workers. The casters are locked once the system is in the right position for the work.
- Scaffolding screw jacks: It is sometimes necessary to adjust height without having to couple one or more frames. If you need stability on uneven surfaces, then it is the screw jacks that make it possible.
- Scaffolding cross braces: Both h frame scaffolding and a frame scaffolding require cross braces to make the structure sturdy. These braces are bolted to the sides of the frames, thereby joining two frames together horizontally. When shopping for cross braces, ask about the size and if they will fit into your scaffolding frames.
Safety Precautions when Using Portable scaffolding
Cases or incidents related to scaffolding accidents are reported every year. Why does it happen? This bad news may make you think that using construction scaffolding is never safe. That is not usually the case. Before any part of a scaffolding system leaves the production line, they are tested and all defects eliminated. But what causes accidents?
It all narrows down to the usage of a scaffolding system. Whether it is a scaffolding tower or mini scaffolding, you have to be careful about how you handle it. Scaffolding-related accidents may be fatal, but they can be prevented. That brings us to the question of safety measures when using these systems.
You have to properly install a scaffold system in your possession for it to perform its intended purpose. Whether you rent scaffolding or buy a brand-new scaffolding system, you need expertise in assembling and dismantling it. Also, form the habit of inspecting all scaffolders before climbing onto the deck.
Stay within the weight-bearing capacity
All scaffolding systems have rated load capacity. Even the caster wheels for mobile scaffolds have weight ratings. You need to know all these ratings and never exceed the limits. Also, there are height recommendations that you have to strictly adhere to. Do not just couple the frames to meet your desires while ignoring the manufacturer’s specifications.
Scaffolds are just like any other construction tool and equipment that should be inspected and serviced accordingly. The frames or entire scaffolding structure may fail or collapse due to wear on the coupling pins or metal fatigue. You are safer if you can detect these flaws before they pose serious threats to the users.
Are you looking for a scaffold or accessories?
Can Industrial is more than happy to offer you the best quality scaffoldings and any other accessories you need. We have been trusted for over a decade in supplying heavy-duty scaffoldings and accessories. Visit our product category page and place your order by phone call on any item you want.